A very common and enjoyable family meal in Andalucia which is also ideal for tapas. Lambs liver in red wine can be served up as a main meal, racione "larger tapas" or simple Spanish finger food with a cool beer or glass of wine.
You will need (serves 4):
half kilo of lambs liver
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of plain flour
small glass red wine
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook:
1. Cut the liver into thin strips
2. In a frying pan, heat the oil then add the liver and cook gently until browned. Once browned, take the liver out of the pan.
3. Add the flour to the pan and stir, then add the wine slowly stirring well.
4. Return the liver to the pan and cook gently for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened, season to taste.
5. Serve with seasonal vegetables for a main meal or dish up into separate bowls for tapas and always keep the fresh bread handy!
A good red wine is as good in the glass as well as in the meal!