22 August 2010
Spanish Chicken Chilindron
"Pollo al Chilindron" is a classic Spanish chicken stew with a big flavour. You can use chicken breasts for this recipe but thighs and drumsticks tend to work better. Sweet smoked paprika is used to create those earthy hints and combined with tomatoes, red pepper and garlic this recipe is a true flavour of the Mediterranean.
4 Large chicken legs/thighs, separated
100g Serrano ham, diced
1 Large onion, chopped
1 Red bell pepper, diced
400g Tin chopped plum tomatoes
2 Fresh bay leaves
6 Cloves of garlic, finely sliced
2 Teaspoons sweet smoked paprika (D.O La Vera)
Broad leaf parsley
Fresh ground peppercorns
How to Cook:
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Fry chopped onions and peppers in the olive oil until the onions turn translucent and begin to brown.
3. Add garlic cloves and fry for a further 2 - 3 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the chicken) mix well then leave to one side.
5. Brown the chicken all sides in a terracotta cazuela, pour the sauce over the top, season well, then cover with kitchen foil.
6. Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes, remove foil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
7. Serve piping hot and garnish with parsley.