1 December 2010
Marinated Pork with Herbs and Paprika
You will need:
1kg Pork loin (boned)
8 Garlic cloves, skins left on
1 Teaspoon oregano
1 Sprig rosemary
12 Black peppercorns
1 Teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
3 Strands of saffron
100ml White wine/cider vinegar
1 Teaspoon salt
1. Using a pestle and mortar mix and crush all the herbs, spices, salt, pepper and saffron with a good splash of olive oil to create a paste.
2. Once you have a paste add the vinegar and mix well.
3. Place the pork joint in a terracotta cazuela and pour over the marinade, turn the pork and ensure all of the meat is covered.
4. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 4 hours (or overnight)
5. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
6. Pour 1 cm of water in the bottom of the cazuela and cover the joint with kitchen foil, place in the oven and roast for 1 hour.
7. Remove the kitchen foil and continue to roast for a further 40 minutes.
8. Serve with roasted vegetables.