18 November 2012
Cazuela Rice with Pork Ribs & Morcilla
400g paella rice
500g pork ribs, cut into small pieces
3 Spanish black puddings, cut in half
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 bulb of garlic, cut in half
1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
1 litre chicken stock
How to make:
1. In a large cazuela, heat about 1/2 cup of olive oil and fry the pork ribs along with the garlic until the ribs are browned all over.
2. Add the potatoes and the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes more.
3. Add the black pudding, cook for five more minutes and then add the rice, stirring well to fully mix together, then add the paprika and the stock. Season and stir.
4. Place the cazuela in a preheated oven to 200 degrees and cook for 20-30 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, leave to rest for 5 minutes covered with foil and then serve.