Mmmmm...seafood! Very popular as tapas in Spain, often you will be served a small plate of mussels, cockles or in this case clams with some bread to soak up that delicious salsa...
You will need:
1 kilo fresh clams
1 kilo fresh ripe tomatoes
6 cloves garlic
Handful fresh parsley
Small glass white wine
Salt and pepper
How to cook:
1. Peel the onion and garlic. Dice the onion and crush the garlic.
2. Finely chop the tomatoes and chop the parsley
3. Clean the clams by scrubbing the shells under running water.
4. In a large frying pan, add the onion and garlic and fry gently until the onion begins to soften.
5. Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, half the parsley, wine and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until the sauce has reduced.
6. Add the clams to the pan and cook on a high heat until the shells have opened. Use a smaller frying pan to cover and shake the pan as you cook.
7.To serve, place into small tapas dishes, garnish with the remaining parsley with a side of fresh bread.
This dish is also great using cockles or mussels, tapas for 4 of more? Serve in a large "Olla" centre of the table and let everyone dip in! Great appetizer.