9 June 2008
Poached Sole & Mussels
With two fish shops or "pescaderias" open Tusdays and Fridays in Orce village there is no shortage of fresh fish available, here we have a recipe for sole and mussels...
Ingredients (serves 4):
4 small soles (ask your fishmonger to clean and fillet them)
1 kilo mussels
Juice ½ lemon
How to cook
1. Cover a baking tray with foil and lightly grease, placing the fish on top.
2. Season lightly with salt and put a little butter on each piece of fish.
3. Place more foil on top of the fish and together with the bottom piece of foil, fold in the edges to make a parcel keeping one side open.
4. Pour in a little milk and close up the parcel
5. Cook for about 20 minutes in a moderate oven
6. Prepare the mussels by washing in cold water and removing the ‘beards’ discarding any damaged ones.
7. Place the mussels in a large pot with a little water and steam for 6 minutes or so until they have all opened. Set aside and allow to cool, then remove from the shells.
8. Make the sauce. Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan and cook slowly until it turns a pale brown. Stir in the chopped parsley, lemon juice and season with a little pepper, cook for another minute.
9. Remove the fish and serve onto plates, placing a few mussels on the top and pour over the sauce.
10. Serve with seasonal vegetables