5 April 2009
Spanish Meatball Recipe
This hot and spicy version of traditional Spanish meatballs are an exciting variation of Spain's favorite tapas dish.
You will need (makes around 25 meatballs):
650g minced beef
1 medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2 slices of white bread
3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
Good squeeze of tomato ketchup
1 dried chili, chopped
1 egg, beaten
handful fresh parsley, chopped
Splash of white wine
1. Remove the crusts from the bread, tear into chunks, place into a food processor and blend until you get breadcrumbs. Tip the crumbs into a mixing bowl.
2. Blend the onion, chili and garlic in the food processor for a few minutes and then add to the breadcrumbs in the mixing bowl.
3. Now tip the mince, tomato ketchup, wine and egg into the bowl, season and mix well until all the ingredients are blended together. Chill in the fridge for around 15 minutes to let the flavours infuse.
4. Using your hands, shape the mixture into balls, then dust in a little seasoned flour shaking off the excess.
5. Fry the meatballs in batches in hot oil for a few minutes until golden and then drain on kitchen paper.
6. Cook in a medium oven for about 20 minutes until cooked through.
Delicious served hot with salad and cool yoghurt dip or serve 2 or 3 with tomato salsa for a fiery tapas dish
Need typical Spanish ingredients? CLICK HERE