13 June 2009
Recipe for Dogfish
This Basque style Dogfish recipe is quick and easy making it ideal for a family supper. The garlic and chili really add something special to this succulent, meaty fish.
You will need:
4 thick Dogfish fillets (skin and bone removed)
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
200ml extra virgin olive oil
Good handfull fresh parsley, chopped
1 small hot red chili, chopped
1. Clean the fish under cold running water, pat dry and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for about an hour.
2. Heat the olive oil in an earthenware cazuela and gently cook half of the garlic until golden, then add the fish, parsley and the rest of the garlic.
3. Add the chili (according to your taste)shake the cazuela, to prevent the fish from sticking and turn down the heat.
4. Cook gently for around 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the steaks, shaking the dish from time to time.
5. when cooked, the fish will be firm and white and still soft and tender in the middle.
Serve in the cazuela with boiled new potatoes and a green salad.