Spanish beef kebabs are one of only a few Spanish beef or "tenera" recipes as certainly in Andalucia the more popular meats are lamb and pork. In Granada the production of beef is minimal however if you look hard enough you will discover a family run butcher in a small market or down a side street that does sell good cuts of beef.
Ingredients: (makes 6 large kebabs)
1kg beef (cubed)
4 Garlic cloves
2 Teaspoons hot smoked paprika
250ml Olive Oil
250ml Wine vinegar
1 Onion, chopped
1 Red pepper, chopped
Salt & Pepper
1. Place your beef cubes in a large cazuela and leave aside.
2. Roughly chop the garlic and place in a food processor, add the rest of the ingredients (except onion & red pepper) and blend into a paste - add more olive oil if required.
3. Pour the marinade over the beef, mix well and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
4. On kebab sticks thread over the beef and alternate with the onion and pepper.
5. Cook on a hot BBQ for 10 - 12 minutes turning frequently.
6. Serve with salad and boiled potatoes.
For more Spanish beef recipes visit the Orce Serrano Hams "Meat Recipes" page.