If you like your seafood tapas then this simple and easy to knock up Bonito tuna salad is sure not to disappoint!
250g Cured Bonito tuna
250g Cherry tomatoes
1 Small red pepper
1 Handful of fresh rocket or baby spinach leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
How to Prep:
1. Cut around 250g of the bonito tuna loin using a long sharp knife (jamonero is ideal), ideally the loin should be cut into thin strips about a cm wide similar to salted anchovies.
2. In a large salad bowl place the rocket/spinach leaves
3. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the bowl.
4. Slice the red pepper and add.
5. Toss the ingredients, adding a generous amount of gourmet extra virgin olive oil.
6. Place the strips of tuna over the top.
7. Serve with fresh crusty bread.
This salad is great as a starter or "racione" for perhaps 2 - 3 people.
Why not make it a seafood affair with some calamari?
More Spanish Seafood Recipes