2 October 2009
Chorizo and Chickpea Soup
Spanish chorizo and chickpeas soup is a great winter warmer with loads of flavour. A good chicken stock is required, similar to chorizo stew you can use the hot variety of chorizo for a little extra bite.
4 Vine plum tomatoes
3 Chorizo sausages (sweet or “dulce”)
Dried chilli flakes
How to cook:
1. Dice the plum tomatoes.
2. Chop the chorizo sausages into inch long pieces.
3. Heat your chicken stock, when near boiled add the tomatoes, sprinkle of chilli flakes, chorizo, chickpeas and thyme.
4. Turn down to a medium heat and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls.
6. Serve with fresh crusty bread