19 October 2009
Stuffed Chicken Legs with Catalan Sausage
This is a great Spanish chicken recipe which can be adapted to use any sausage at all - the bigger the better! Take a Cumberland sausage for example, very much at home stuffed inside a rolled chicken leg, pick your herbs, season and enjoy a fantastic versatile dish.
Ingredients: (4 persons)
4 Chicken legs (de-boned)
2 Catalan sausages
How to Cook:
1. De-bone your chicken legs and roll out flat ready to be rolled and stuffed.
2. Slice the Catalan sausage down its length and squeeze out the meat into a bowl, add the sage and thyme and mix.
3. Place the sausage stuffing onto each chicken leg and roll up tightly – secure with cocktail sticks.
4. Season the meat well with salt and pepper.
5. Loosely wrap with tinfoil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes on 180 degrees or until chicken is done.
6. Great served with boiled potatoes, green beans or broccoli.
More chicken recipes at Orce Serrano Hams