2 January 2010
Morcilla, fried egg & garlic potatoes
Morcilla or "black pudding" is made in both hot and sweet varieties, the hot or "picante" version has quite a kick and served with a fried egg and crispy garlic potatoes it makes a great wake up breakfast - sure to blow the cobwebs out and get you functioning after a cerveza too many the night before!
You will need: (serves 2)
4 Morcilla sausages
2 Medium potatoes
1 Clove garlic
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into inch square cubes, rinse and par boil for 6 - 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut the morcilla sausages into inch long segments and gently fry in olive oil.
3. Peel and dice the clove of garlic.
4. Remove the morcilla from the pan and throw the potato into the same oil and fry for 5 minutes with the crushed garlic until crispy.
5. Fry, poach or scramble the eggs, garnish with roughly chopped parsley and serve with toast and torrefacto coffee.