|Iberian lomo or 'lomito'|
If you like Iberico ham then try Iberico lomo tenderloin, a cut of premium pork loin from the acorn fed Iberian hogs. Lomo or “lomito” has an exquisite nutty flavour and is every bit as exclusive as its cousin the bellota ham. Recipes for cured lomo are few and far between but as tapas and used in salads you can create some real Spanish flavour.
You will need: (serves 2-3)
100g Lomo/lomito Iberian tenderloin
1 Large vine tomato
6 Vine cherry tomatoes
Mixed salad leaves
Mixed dried herbs
Extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange the mixed salad leaves on a plate.
- Using a sharp knife (ham carving knife is ideal) carefully slice the tenderloin as thinly as possible.
- Place the lomo slices over the salad leaves.
- Quarter the vine tomatoes and halve the cherry tomatoes, arrange over the salad.
- Drizzle generously with good extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle mixed herbs over the tomatoes and serve.