|Pan fried Hake|
Easy Andalucian recipe for hake steaks. Hake is very popular in southern Spain and there are many recipes available for this flavoursome fish. Pan frying hake steaks with garlic and lemon is one simple and easy way to add flavour to the fish and makes a wonderful summer lunch served with fresh salad.
You will need: (serves 4)
4 Hake steaks
3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Juice of half a lemon
Ground black pepper
- Add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan and heat until almost smoking.
- Season the hake with salt and pepper and fry on one side along with the garlic for 2 minutes.
- Turn and fry for another 2 minutes taking care that the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Arrange the fish on plates.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add a good slug of olive oil to the pan and stir in any remaining cooked garlic.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice and add the parsley, stir and then serve over the fish immediately.