This simple recipe for barbequed mustard chicken is quick and easy to make and works perfectly on the barbeque. We cooked this recipe after being given a rather large jar of hot Dijon mustard from a French neighbour in Orce village. The chicken pieces are marinated in the mustard for a few hours before being thrown straight onto the grill, the end result is an almost nutty flavour from the mustard together with the smoky flavours of barbequed chicken pieces.
Preparation time: 3 hours. Cooking time: 20 minutes.
You will need: (serves 4 - 5)
1 Full chicken, parted
5 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1. Place the chicken pieces into a terracotta cazuela, cut the breasts in half if they are large. Skin can be left on.
2. Spoon over the mustard then mix well ensuring all the chicken is covered.
3. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
4. Grill the chicken over the barbeque for 10 minutes each side or until cooked.
5. Serve with mixed salad or boiled potatoes.