Octopus recipes are a firm favourite in Spanish tapas cooking, octopus is inexpensive, tastes great and is extremely versatile. Octopus dishes are popular in Galicia as well as in Andalucia, both of which boast rich coast lines and are proud of their seafood dishes, recipes and fresh hand caught capture. Octopus needs to be fresh so for this recipe we recommend visiting your local quay and buying the very best available.
You will need:
1kg Fresh octopus
4 Garlic cloves, crushed
1 Large onion, diced
½ Lemon, squeezed
150ml White wine
Broadleaf parsley, chopped
1. Cook the whole octopus in hot water and lemon juice for 50 minutes (do not boil)
2. Remove from the pot and let cool then chop up the octopus into 2” segments.
3. Heat a generous splash of olive oil in a cazuela and heat.
4. Add the octopus to the cazuela with the garlic, wine and onion and cook until the wine begins to evaporate.
5. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with fresh bread so mop up the infused olive oil.