Iberico ham tapas using the finest acorn bellota “jamon”. Using Iberico ham in Spanish recipes is a careful business, making sure that the flavour of the ham remains at the forefront of the dish. Chickpeas and tomatoes are two such ingredients that compliment the strength of the ham as well as adding depth to a simple tapas recipe.
You will need:
100g Iberico Bellota Ham
400g Chickpeas, soaked
12 Vine cherry tomatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
Parsley to garnish
- Open the Iberian ham or carve from the leg and leave to breath for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile halve the cherry tomatoes and place in a bowl, sprinkle with a pinch of thyme and pour over a generous slug of good extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the chickpeas in a saucepan and cook for 10 minutes, drain thoroughly and add to the tomatoes.
- Cut up your slices of Iberian ham into inch squares and add to the rest of the ingredients – mix well until everything is covered in olive oil.
- Spoon into glasses, garnish and serve with fresh salad and olives.