27 August 2012
Spanish Pork Ribs
Now we like braising so these ribs would be well at home slowly cooking away in wine or beer but for this recipe we have a dry rub using the Spanish favourite smoked paprika and also a few herbs from the garden as well as mixed spice.
Very easy to prepare (although you will get your hands red!) and results in a typically Spanish bold flavour as well as colour once ready to serve.
You will need: (serves 6 - 8)
3kg pork rib, left in racks, cut in half
2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
3 Large sprigs rosemary, leaves chopped/diced
2 tbs Mixed spice
2 tbs Sweet smoked paprika
Juice of 1 orange
How to Cook:
1. Mix and grind paprika, s & p , garlic, chopped rosemary and mixed spices in a pestle.
2. Rub the mixture well all over the ribs (both sides)
3. Place the ribs in a terracotta cooking tray, drizzle with olive oil and the juice from the orange.
4. Garnish with rosemary and fully cover with kitchen foil.
5. Cook in the oven at 140 degrees for 3 hours.
Optional - After 3 hours remove from oven and drizzle with honey and cook for a further 20 minutes to make the ribs sweet and sticky. Great flavours with soft succulent meat.