6 July 2008
Gazpacho! A real treat in the summer when you need something light for lunch, ultimately healthy - almost like a blended salad or a vegetable smoothie!
1 small cucumber peeled
1 clove of garlic
Half a small onion
1 small red pepper
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Water (amount depends on desired consistency)
Ice cubes to serve
How to cook:
* Roughly chop the tomatoes, pepper, onion and cucumber.
* Finely chop the garlic
* Place all the ingredients in a large bowl or food processor
* Using a hand blender or food processor, blend the ingredients together to form a thick paste.
* Add the olive oil, vinegar and season with salt and pepper
* Blend for a second time, adding water little by little until you achieve the desired consistency.
* Serve in tall glasses with crushed ice and a sprig of fresh mint to top.
Perfection on a summers day!