2 November 2008
A lovely warming soup, ideal for chilly autumn evenings
You will need (serves 6):
1 large pumpkin, flesh removed and chopped
3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 litre chicken stock
salt and pepper
How to cook:
1. Put the chicken stock on the heat to warm through.
2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter and cook the potatoes and pumpkin slowly for 5-10 minutes until they begin to soften.
3. Add about two thirds of the chicken stock to the pan, season and cook for 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft and cooked through.
4. Blend to your desired consistency using a hand blender (I like mine smooth like a puree)adding more stock if necessary.
5. Reduce the heat and continue cooking for a few more minutes and serve with lots of fresh bread.