4 July 2009
Chorizo Braised in Red Wine
Chorizo braised in red wine
A fantastic way to add a twist to the humble Spanish chorizo. Cooking chorizos or mildly cured chorizos are good for this recipe, you have of course, the option to go hot "picante" or sweet "dulce"... Very simple, very tasty - Enjoy!
6 Cured chorizo sausages or 12 mini chorizos
1 Bottle of red wine (Rioja or any will do)
5 - 6 Garlic cloves (crushed)
Handful of oregano
Tablespoon of lemon zest
Cracked black pepper
How to Cook:
1. Place all of the ingredients in a large terracotta cazuela.
2. Pour in the red wine so that the chorizo sausages are half to two thirds submerged in the wine.
3. Bring to boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Turn over the chorizos and continue to cook for 12 – 15 minutes.
5. Once cooked, cut the chorizo into segments and place on cocktail sticks ready to serve.
Discover a comprehensive range of cured Spanish sausages in the deli >>>