27 October 2009
Pork in Cider
Pork and apple, pork and apple sauce, pork and cider... Recipe for pork and Asturian cider. Absolutely delicious!
2 kg Boneless pork piece
3 Large onions
1 Large red bell pepper
6 Garlic cloves (crushed)
Good pinch fresh Rosemary
Good pinch fresh Thyme
1/2 teaspoon hot smoked paprika (picante)
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
500ml Spanish cider
All purpose flour
How to Cook:
1. Halve then slice the onions and place in the bottom of a large terracotta cazuela.
2. Place the pork on top and generously season with the herbs, add crushed garlic and the smoked paprika.
3. Slice the red pepper into rings and place around the side of the pork.
4. Drizzle the cider vinegar over the meat then pour over the cider.
5. Cover and cook on a high heat for 30 minutes then on a low heat for 4 – 5 hours.
6. Remove from oven and pour the juices into a pan, bring to the boil then add the flour and whisk to thicken. Serve with pork.
Delicious winter warming recipe.