17 November 2009
Chicken Wrapped in Pancetta
This Spanish recipe for "Chicken and Pancetta" is very similar to that old favourite Chicken and Bacon. Two flavours that work very well side by side.
For this recipe we used boneless chicken legs, rolled up and then wrapped. This method allows you to stuff the chicken with a little diced serrano ham, garlic or herbs just to add a twist if your feeling adventurous!
4 Whole chicken legs, de-boned
300g Cured pancetta
Cracked black pepper
How to make:
1. Your cured pancetta will come as a whole piece. Using a sharp knife cut 8 thin strips from top to bottom, each strip should be around 12 inches long.
2. Roll up the chicken and wrap two strips of pancetta around each piece.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and season with the pepper.
4. Sprinkle with a little fresh or dried thyme.
5. Cook in the oven at 180°C for 50 minutes.
More Spanish chicken recipes >>>