Spanish pequillo peppers, usually it the pepper that is stuffed but for this recipe we are turning the tables by stuffing large white mushrooms with chopped pequillo pepper which are then topped with Manchego and baked for 20 minutes. Simple tapas, big flavour.
You will need: (12 Tapas)
2 Pequillo pepper (tinned or jarred)
12 Good sized white mushrooms
100g Manchego cheese
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stalks.
3. Peel the mushrooms and arrange on a baking tray.
4. Slice each pequillo pepper into 12 small pieces and place two pieces of pepper into each mushroom.
5. Cut the Manchego into inch square slices and place on top of the pepper.
6. Bake in the oven on 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve.